Are you ready to VOTE!?!
We are officially only 53 days away from our next Presidential election and only 26 days away from the voter registration deadline. Are you ready?!
Here is a quick and simple checklist with dates to make sure that you are prepared:
- Now: Absentee applications available online
- Now: Register to vote at scVOTES.gov
- September 28: Sample ballots live on scVOTES.gov
- October: Begin mailing out absentee ballots
- October 4: Voter registration deadline
- October 5: Absentee in person begins
- October 24: Deadline to apply for absentee by mail
- November 3: Deadline to return absentee ballots
- November 3: Election Day — polls open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
In addition, scVOTES.gov has a ton of information about voter registration, voting absentee, finding your polling place and sample ballots.
Want to learn more about voting? Check out the League of Women Voters’ VOTE411.org, designed to be a “one-stop-shop” for election-related information at the federal, state and local levels.
Know your rights as a voter and have up-to-date credentials to guarantee your vote is counted before or on election day.
Make sure to do your part to ensure your voice is heard!