Our application for the 2024-2025 new member class opened Sunday, Oct. 15, 2023, and closes Monday, Jan. 15, 2024.
Not ready to apply? For more information about joining the JLC, please complete this membership inquiry form and a JLC member will contact you.
ADMISSIONS OPEN HOUSES
Thank you to all who joined us for our fall open houses! Missed the events? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We are happy to help!
Following the close of the application, there will be two opportunities to attend a New Member Meetup! Incoming new members are invited to mingle and learn more about the upcoming year from JLC leaders.
New Member Meetups will be held at League HQ on the following dates:
- Sunday, Feb. 4, 2024, 4-5 p.m., and
- Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2024, 6-7 p.m.
The League trains a class of first-year members each year starting in August to prepare them for effective community and League involvement. New members complete a comprehensive training series that allows them the opportunity to develop new friendships, serve the local community, and learn about the JLC’s structure and history.
Prospective members must meet the following criteria to be eligible for membership with the JLC:
- Be at least 23 years old by June 1.
- Have EITHER one active or sustaining current member who serves as a sponsor OR submit a letter of recommendation with the prospective member’s application. The letter may be written by an active or sustaining member of the League, or by a person who is not a member of the League but who can comment on the prospective member’s character and/or dedication to service in the community.
- Reside in the Midlands area (Richland, Lexington, Calhoun, Fairfield, Kershaw, Orangeburg, Saluda, Newberry and Sumter counties)
- Be enthusiastic and excited about making a difference!
- Show an interest in developing her potential for community service
The application for the 2024-2025 New Member Class is now open. Apply here.
Scholarships are available only to new applicants who wish to join the Junior League of Columbia. Scholarships do not apply to former members requesting to rejoin JLC or to AJLI members transferring to JLC.
The JLC new member scholarship application will open on Oct. 15, 2023. Completed applications must be submitted online by Jan. 15, 2024. Prospective members will need to begin the application process by creating an online account to access the scholarship application.
2022-2023 New Member Requirements Checklist
This checklist is provided for prospective members who may have questions regarding what is expected of them during their New Member year. This checklist may change for the 2024–2025 League year, but it will give prospective members an overview of what is required.