Admissions Open House: In-person*
Please mark your calendars for an informational session on December 3, 2020 from 5:30 – 7 p.m. at the Girl Scouts Outdoor Venue. Current members will be available to answer any questions you may have about the admissions process or Junior League membership.
*Due to COVID restrictions, only 25 people are allowed and masks are required.
*Pre-registration is required. Register here to attend in person
Girls Scouts outdoor venue
1107 Williams Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Register here to attend in person
We also have a Zoom Admissions Open House on December 7, 2020 if you’re unable to attend this session.
The JLC trains a class of first-year members each year starting in August to prepare them for effective community and League involvement. New members complete a comprehensive training series that allows them the opportunity to develop new friendships, serve the local community, and learn about the JLC’s structure and history.
Prospective members must meet the following criteria to be eligible for membership with the JLC:
- Be at least 23 years old at the time of her application
- Reside in the Midlands area (Richland, Lexington, Calhoun, Fairfield, Kershaw, Orangeburg, Saluda, Newberry and Sumter counties)
- Be enthusiastic and excited about making a difference!
- Show an interest in developing her potential for community service
- Have one sponsor to propose her (sponsor must be JLC Active or sustaining member). Your sponsor must submit the JLC Sponsor Form on your behalf.
The application for the 2021-2022 New Member Class is now open. Click here to apply.
2020-2021 New Member Requirements Checklist
This checklist is provided for prospective members who may have questions regarding what is expected of them during their New Member year. This checklist may change for the 2021–2022 League year, but it will give prospective members an overview of what is required.
For more information about joining the JLC, please complete this membership inquiry form and a JLC member will contact you.